Thursday, July 2, 2009


While I was on my mission in Maryland in 2001, I was able to meet an amazing woman, Nancy Daniels. She had incredible faith and courage and a great laugh. After learning about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, she decided to be baptized. I decided to give her my first set of scriptures that I received at my baptism when I was 8 years old. At first she declined because she said they should be a family heirloom for me, but I really wanted her to have them. She took them on one condition. She said she would keep them until I had my first child. I never dreamed she would remember that promise, but as soon as she received word that I am with child, she was good for her word. I just received this package today. It was neat to see the picture she taped inside and to read all of her little notations in the scriptures.

6 comments:

Marrianne said...

That's awesome! Is hers the baptism that I went to?

Gloria said...

I am very glad we were able to meet Nancy when we were in Maryland. Be sure to tell her we remember her and are so pleased that she has remained strong and faithful.

Andrea (Norris) Bergmann said...

Ri, you went to Ferrell's baptism which was midway through my mission, but you probably remember one of the speakers, Mary-she spoke for about 45 min? Nancy was in my first area.

Melody said...

That is so neat that you are still in touch with her and that she sent you back your scriptures. I remember her. She was a special lady.

Freemans said...

this is one of those stories you love hearing! dre, you're awesome.

The Smiths said...

I agree that Nancy is wonderful! That story is so sweet! Great memories.