Monday, May 3, 2010

Sigalertary




It was a Friday evening and the notary was on his way to sign the time sensitive loan documents to our new house. Adam who calls me his "sigarlertary" often calls me to check sigalert.com to help him choose the least congested route home. The notary was supposed to arrive at 7:30pm and at 7:25pm, I receive a phone call from Adam. "So.... not good," he says. "Traffic?" I ask. "I'm the traffic," his downtrodden response declared. My busy hard working husband forgot to fill the hungry gas tank of his GMC and there he was neighboring the fast lane on the 405 freeway at Sunset Blvd with traffic flowing all around him except for miles behind him because the 405 was his new parking spot. AAA took 30 minutes to assist him, but that was better than OnStar's hour quote. That was the longest 30 minutes I have ever felt. What a blessing to find out that he was safely moved off the freeway and nobody rear ended him and nobody else got into an accident because of it. It's not everyday that Adam has his own traffic alert on sigalert.com. I had to show the notary so he would understand why the long delay!

2 comments:

Deven and Alyssa Perry said...

Wow.... What a blessing of safety... I'm glad he made it home safe.. love the picture of the sigalert.com haha... Now we can Name drop that we new someone who was on sigalert.com... haha.. Adam will be famous! hehe...

Alana Tolley said...

If that's Adam's 15 minutes of Fame, I must say, I'd feel kinda gyped.